Friday, January 4, 2008

The Day After


Yesterday was my birthday....and I survived another year. Eric and I went out with some friends for a nice meal and I celebrated with a dirty martini:) We then stopped by our local hangout and the girls there whipped me up a shot of Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I normally refuse to drink something so sweet, but they told me I had to have a cake-like shot (so, twist my arm--and I gave in).

I really participate in the theory of the "birthday week". I will spare everyone and only go through Sunday this year! Ah, a few days to get my way. I also absolutely love to say, "you can't make me, it's my birthday!"
One thing I love about birthdays is picking a special cake to bake for someone. Usually I am told the flavor and I whip something up. Too bad it is really unaccepted to show up with your own cake. I think my mother would kill me, so I will settle for whatever someone brings. I'm not picky.

One of my favorite sweets is white chocolate.......oh, white chocolate cranberry bark, white chocolate oatmeal cookies, strawberries dipped in white chocolate all my! So to celebrate I will share my white-chocolate macadamia nut cookies I made for the New Years. They are long gone now, but boy is there nothing like the smell of them baking in the oven.
This recipe produces a wonderful crunchy on the outside soft in the middle, buttery cookie. I never use white chocolate chips, instead I coarsely chop white chocolate bars to give big bites of white chocolate. I left the macadamia nuts whole too. Once again, this is a Marcy Goldman recipe. God love her!

No comments: