Thursday, January 17, 2008

To the Dogs



Oh, isn't this a lovely family shot! These were my pups growing up, Joby squirm-butt on the left, and Miss Isabella on the right. Isabella is close to 17 now, and is literally on her last leg. It is so sad to see her hobble around on her half broken foot--wandering aimless, deaf and blind. But alas, she keeps ticking and barking---for more food. All she wants is food, food, food. Joby, on the other hand, is her much younger, spunky counterpart. All he wants is you to throw the ball, ball, ball.


As you can probably see, Eric is very loving towards animals--as he holds her out like she's a fat turd. I think he just doesn't like that they can sense evil, and Isabella did bite a nice hole in his sock the first time she met him.
This photo was taken at my birthday party Saturday, January the 5th. By the 10th, we were off to Tahoe for a skiing vacation with Eric's family. That is my excuse for not writing in so long...we had a lovely condo way up in the mountains, and guess what? No cell or internet service! Kind of nice actually!
We had a wonderful time and I finally learned to ski properly. Thanks to Doc, my instructor, whom I made very proud. He actually called me a "miracle" at the end of day one. I really don't think he had any hope for me at first---but a miracle? Come on, it's not like curing the lame or healing the blind! But, by day three I was taking the lift to the top of the bunny hill from hell (which by the way is bigger than any of the hills in Ohio) and getting all the way to the bottom without too many falls. I really don't think Eric ever expected me to do so well, but I guess I can be surprising time to time.
I actually can't wait to go skiing again.....for I am in fear that if I wait too long I won't remember a thing I have learned! So, hopefully, some free time will clear up in the next months to make it to the slopes! Haha, free time, what is that:) I just need to get my Christmas tree down!

No comments: