Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Maid Service

What can I say.....I have had weddings on the BRAIN lately. Eric's sister Karen got married August 22nd and it has been months and months of build up--and now it is over. I am sad:( I was the Maid of Honor and I sure hope I lived up to Karen's expectations! I was actually more stressed about her wedding than I was my own. That is so me--I am such a people pleaser. I cannot help it.
(yeah-that's me at my wedding. I had to reminisce....)



I luva, luva, love weddings.....and Karen's was so beautiful. Every thing went perfectly and she was radiant. Great food, booze and friends! We partied until 4 in the morning and woke up and celebrated all over again!

She used the same photographer that I did for my wedding and I have to give accolades to Tri-Village Studio in Grandview for their finesse with the camera. Karen sent me the link to her wedding photos and I don't even know how she will narrow it down. Whenever I get someone to email me some pictures they took that night I will post them here.

In the meantime, I had to take a stroll back down memory lane.......It will be four years next weekend:)
It wouldn't be an Eric wedding without cigars. He has said for four years now that he is going to submit one of our wedding photos to Cigar Afficionado.....he will probably have to lie about the date now to get them to use it.


And me, being a foodie--can't leave out the cake. Our cake was wonderful. My mom's friend Cheryl made it for $300. We ended up setting it up on a gazebo overlooking the lake with netting draped around it during the meal which we pulled for the cutting. They told me no one had ever done that there before (I felt like a genius---it didn't last!). I always wonder if anyone has done it since then.....

This pic pretty much sums up how I felt about the evening. It was perfect--and ended up being just the way every bride dreams of.........
I know Karen felt that way too and I am so relieved:) I can't wait for Karen and Kasey's first anniversary--hopefully we can celebrate like that night again! His family is crazy fun, they know how to whoop it up for sure.




And there's my man and his crew looking so tough. Bad asses going to the chapel.
Watch out downtown Lancaster.
XOXOXO



No comments: