Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Sweet Baby Isabella


Today we had to put down my sweet baby Bell Bell. She was my Easter present when I was ten years old. My grandmother made a tiny Easter bonnet for her with holes cut out for her ears. She probably weighed a pound. I remember giggling with delight when we drove her home and stopped at a park where a man asked if she was a kitten because she was so tiny.


She arrived at our house with a severe case of kennel cough and I was devasted when Dr. Bill called and said she probably wouldn't make it. Well, she proved us all wrong as 17 years later she was still hobbling around.......but a stroke and seizures got the best of her and we knew it was time.


So may you rest in peace my wonderful, sweet, brown-nosed chi-hua-hua. I know you are probably basking in the sun of doggy heaven chewing on one of grandma's biscuits.

No comments: