Sunday, February 24, 2008

Souperlicious

Not sure where this recipe came from I have made it a few times in the past. I must have done something different in the past because this time it just came out okay. So after my first taste test I did some tweaking and added some tomato sauce, a teeny bit of sugar, oregano and some cumin. Then it tasted mucho bettero.......I think I might add some spinach next time-hey, always tweaking.

Gosh, even the picture makes it look ugly.....but I swear it's good. Lentils are so fun!

ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND LENTIL SOUP

1 pound italian sausage

1 cup onion

1 cup celery

1 cup carrots

1 mushrooms

1 cup zucchini

6 cup chicken broth

2 can diced tomato

3 tablespoon garlic

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cup lentils

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon parsley

And for the daring---1 small can tomato sauce, 1-2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cumin

Brown sausage, then add onion through zucchini. Brown for 5 minutes. Throw in the rest of the ingredients and let simmer one hour. Enjoy!

No comments: