Monday, March 17, 2008

THE ABSOLUTELY, NO FUN ST. PATRICK'S DAY


I really should have made something with Guinness (but I think we drank it all) or something with corned beef (but that's another trip to the grocery and I ain't going back!) to celebrate St. Patrick's day. Oh, it just stinks that on my way to work this morning they were interviewing all these people on the radio whooping it up already.


Must be nice. Instead I will go to work and wish I wasn't at work. It is a Murphy's Law kind of a day around here. The one day I think everything will go smoothly and we can get out of here early-- EVERYTHING GOES WRONG. Oh well, I have never been a four-leaf clover kind of gal.


But I did end of baking the one thing that always ends up okay---chocolate chip cookies. Eric's request, of course. It is the one sweet he truly loves. I used a recipe from Marcy Goldman. I had never used it before, but it turned out wonderfully. In my opinion, one of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes I have ever made. Buttery, crunchy on the edges and soft in the middle.


I ran out of chocolate chips, so used to white chocolate ones too. I also took her advice and crossed-hatched the tops when they came out of the oven to expose the melted chocolate chips.....oh it is yummy:)


I'll post the recipe in a bit. Now I must get back to the pain and suffering of work. Say a prayer for me, I need it!


No comments: