Saturday, March 1, 2008

SATURDAY MORNING BLUES


Good mornin' everyone! Sorry there was no time for blogging or cooking yesterday! Instead lots of closings to pay the bills and after a long day of worrying-- the perfect ending was deep fried food and beer. Since I don't own a deep fryer, I just had to let someone else do it for me.


So as much as I try to be healthy, everyone needs to indulge in a platter of cheese sticks, chicken tenders, and onion rings:) Hey, I see all four food group listed in that sentence!


All that deep fried goodness was followed with an evening of booging and a little ditty called Purple Rain. I won't go into details.......


So this morning, before Glenn and I trek down to work on our investment property, I decided a filling breakfast was in order to charge me up to scrub dirt for the next 5 hours. I really need to take some before and after photos of this place. It's a dandy right now!


BLUEBERRY WAFFLES (the healthier version)


1 Cup Flour

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup fat free milk

1/2 cup fat free buttermilk

1/8 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup egg substitute

1 large egg white

1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Dash of sugar

Cooking spray


Mix flours, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk. Combine the milks, oil, and egg substitute and add to flour mixture, stir until smooth.

Place egg white in separate bowl and whisk until foamy. Add continue to beat until soft peaks form (you can use a hand mixer for this). Fold egg whites into the batter along with the blueberries.


Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray; preheat. Spoon enough batter to cover your waffle iron that is coated with spray. Cook until golden and crispy. Serve with syrup or as I did with sweetened yogurt.


No comments: