Sunday, March 23, 2008

HIP-HOP HAPPY EASTER!


Happy Easter all! I made all kinds of things this weekend, but I will only share an easy one today. Macaroni and Cheese:) We celebrated at my mom's house this year and I was instructed to bring a side dish. I told Eric to pick out somthing and Mac & Cheese was his first choice. He's all about the comfort food!


Use whatever cheese you want but I ended up using extra sharp cheddar and white cheddar. I also used 1/2 pound small shell pasta and 1/2 pound big shell pasta....I just love when some of the little shells get stuck inside the big shells! It it the best:)


EASY MAC & CHEESE


1 stick butter

1/2 flour

4 cups milk

1 pound shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar)

1 pound pasta

1 brick extra sharp white cheddar cheese, cubed

salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta for 8 minutes or until al dente. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. When melted, add flour and stir to make a roux. Ad a little bit of the milk and whisk to get rid of any lumps. When smooth, add the remaining milk. Cook over medium high until comes to a boil, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and add 3/4 of the cheese (Set remaining shredded aside to sprinkle on top). Stir mixture until cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste. When the paste is done, drain and combine with the cheese mixture. Stir well and pour into a greased baking dish (I used two 8x8). Drop in cubed cheese and lightly combined. Then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly!


Dig in...it won't last long!

No comments: