Monday, March 10, 2008

JUST LIKE CHRISTMAS

COTTAGE CHEESE DILL BREAD WITH CHILI

Not only is there snow on the ground, but I got a new toy yesterday. A shiny, new, silver Cuisinart convection bread machine. Now, don't get me wrong I love to make bread by hand and will continue to do so. But gosh darn--it is so nifty to throw everything in the bin, go suck at three games of bowling in my Monday night league--and come home and have that fresh baked smell hit you in the face when you open the door.


Trust me, there was no shortage of suckage tonight at Tiki Lanes. I had a game high of 130 and a low of 92 :( I think we got whooped by 200 pins. Thank god my baking is better than my bowling.


For those of you that don't bake, you will think I am the biggest dweeb in the world---but this machine is wicked. It has settings for artisan, gluten-free and low-carb bread along with about 14 other options. It has crust and size options. It even makes jams and chutneys. Swoon. I really want to make some applesauce in this thing. Maybe next week..........


But for today, I was in a hurry so I decided on Cottage Cheese Dill Bread from The Bread Machine Book by Marie Lambert. It was dump and go..........I feel like such a cheater!


COTTAGE CHEESE DILL BREAD


2/3 cup cottage cheese

1 egg

2 1/2 tablespoon water

1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon honey

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups bread flour

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

2 teaspoons dried dill

1 1/2 teaspoon yeast (I used rapid rise)

* recipe does not call for sugar, but next time I will add a tablespoon or two, the honey just wasn't enough to suit my tastes*

Put ingredients in bread pan in order suggested by your bread machine instructions. Set for whole wheat bread and medium crust. Press start. Whhoooo, now wipe the sweat from your brow, that was such hard work:)

No comments: