Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SORRY, YOU'RE GETTING LEFTOVERS TODAY



Yes, I didn't make any thing "fresh" today. No time, No way. It is Eric's sister's birthday dinner tonight (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOG!) and I know it will be a mad dash after work to get downtown. We are going to Hyde Park for dinner and I love, love, love Hyde Park. The dark lush interior, the fabulous martinis, and the city slickers trying to be oh-so trendy. There's nothing like some good people watching and this is prime viewing grounds!




I did get my wallet stolen once there though...but I will not hold it against Hyde Park. I just know it was the two bimbos loitering next to us at the bar and I blame myself for leaving my purse strung around the bar stool (lesson learned). Nothing makes you feel so absolutely violated as having someone steal something so personal. It's not just cancelling credit cards and replacing your driver's license....but having to apply for new insurance cards, library card, and going back to Sam's Club to have your photo retaken. It's rebuilding EVERYTHING. It's having someone know your home address and that you are an organ donor. Agghh, thieves are the worst!




Anyways, today I am sharing the golden brioche loaf I made from my raisin snails. No need to post the recipe because it is listed in yesterdays post. Just after you divide the dough in half, take that portion and separate it into four equal parts. Then shape each into 3 1/2" logs and place crossways into the bottom of a loaf pan. Bake at 400 for 35 minutes.




Eric couldn't believe how good this stuff was.......(as if I would make him something crappy!) and he has been making sandwiches with it all week. It is still soft and moist four days later. I told him not to get used to it though, unless he wants to learn to make it himself. I won't hold my breath.


No comments: