Friday, March 7, 2008

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

Okay, you might be thinking......Okay, what ever is that mush in the bowl? I know, I know, that why it is not beautiful, it is damn delicious (and super easy).


So what is it? It is actually what I would describe as a topping. Just some apples tossed with raisins, dried cranberries, walnuts, and some sugar. Then the best of all---it is thrown in the microwave and faked baked.

My sole reason for picking this recipe was based on my oatmeal---which I eat nearly every morning with a banana--and guess what I am getting sick and tired of bananas. Too tropical for this weather. So I just had to have a cold weather topper (ps. it's still snowing!). This did the trick, dolloped warm on top of my quaker oats. I also put in on top of some plain yogurt (pictured above). Eric didn't even get to try this---it didn't last that long!


FAKE BAKED APPLES

1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts, pecans, almonds or any nut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup splenda
1 cup water
2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 gala apples, cored and chopped

Combine all ingredients in a large microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 20 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring occasionally.

Adapted from Cooking Light

No comments: